he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
“Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.”
John 9:35b-36 NIV
Evangelism is not optional. We know that. But it’s hard to get started! We know that too. Well, we have something to help: training. 🙂
9am – 10:15am
- The biblical basis of the method
- how to deal with 2 specific difficult issues: 1) evil and suffering, and 2) sexuality
- and general tips and techniques.
10:45am – 12pm – The practical steps of how to share the gospel with this method.
1pm – 3pm – Putting it into practice on the street (optional).
Please note the method taught is not specific to street evangelism, it can also be used in our every day lives.
When / Where: Unlike the conference, the training will be the same every time it’s run, so it’s not designed as something you come to every time. Instead it’s designed for those who don’t know the method yet, or those that want a refresher.
This training is currently scheduled for:
- Saturday, 7th October, 2023 – Bryndwr Chapel, 179 Idris Road, Christchurch, NZ
- Monday, 23rd October, 2023 (Labour Day) – Naenae Primary School Staffroom, 27 Wheatley Street, Naenae, Lower Hutt, NZ
The first 2 sessions, with morning tea provided in between, will be held at the venues listed above – bring your bible, then we will head to the streets for the 3rd session – putting it into practice!
Registration is now open:
There is a difference between street and every day gospel conversations:
On the street, it’s a numbers game, the more people you interact with, the higher the chance you are going to hit someone who is interested / ready to discuss.
With every day evangelism, it’s a long term game, you make and take opportunities to swing the conversation to deeper things – if they are not open at this time, there isn’t much you can do about it for the moment.
But, in both situations:
- Prayer is required.
- A genuine love and care needs to be expressed.
- Sometimes you need to push a bit & sometimes you need to hold back a bit.
Both street and every day evangelism are vital! Repeat, both street and every day evangelism are vital. Yet, ultimately, more people will be reached with every day evangelism and street work also serves as an arena to sharpen for the opportunities we get every day.